Blog Migration

Hello,

I have recently migrated from my old custom CMS to Jekyll and GitHub pages, as a result a few things have changed.

Incorrect Post URLs

The blog format has changed from /blog/view/:title to /blog/:title.

Please proceed to /blog to view the post you are looking for.

Note: This is a temporary page until I have set up the jekyll page redirects.

Post Formatting

My old CMS used Summernote as its WYSIWYG and although is a great editor, some of the content that it spits out truly is questionable. I’ve managed to convert most of the posts to markdown, but a few of them are still using the old WYSIWYG ouput which with my new layout isn’t the prettiest.

Over time I will make my way through them as there really isn’t that many to do, but this is more an FYI for the time being that some of them have really messed up formatting.

External CDN

This isn’t really a CDN, because it’s not a network. It’s just a subdomain of my main domain hosted elsewhere that supports PHP etc, but nonetheless. Moving to Jekyll meant that anything that I had created previously in PHP no longer worked (makes sense), so ext.laim.scot is just for any APIs or anything that I still want to use that I can’t host on GitHub.

These are considered “legacy” in my eyes now though, so they’ll either be migrated to a different language or killed off entirely, but until I make that decision they’ll be hosted on that subdomain.

It also has any of my .NET packages that I’ve created, they’ll be pushed to an actual package provider eventually but as with the API, they’re on there for the time being.

Comments beta

Comments are not enabled for this post.